Now 300MB limit for registered users on mobile version should work.
We have updated FFMPEG video converter tool so convertion should work faster now.
We have fixed few problems with direct links also.
Workflow of web version also is changed. Now You don't need to wait until direct link video is downloaded but You can immediately select converter options.
Video portals added:
- YouTube.com playlists (playlist URLs in "view_play_list" form).
- YouTube.com searches, using the special keyword "ytsearch" as a form of URL, as in "ytsearch:cute kittens". Do not forget the quotes if you want to include spaces in your search. Other variants are "ytsearchN" to download more than the first result, with N being a number, and "ytsearchall".
- YouTube.com user videos, using user page URLs or the specifc "ytuser" keyword.
- Google Video
- Google Video searches ("gvsearch" keyword)
- Photobucket videos
- Yahoo! video (video.yahoo.com)
- Yahoo! video searches ("ybsearch" keyword)
- A generic downloader that works in some sites.
This is all thanks to Python script youtube-dl created by Ricardo Garcia Gonzalez and others!
Three quality settings should work correctly now- low, standard and high quality.
Link type now is automatically detected. If link is nor recognized as one of video sharing sites it will be threated as direct link to movie of other website.
Google's webm and mkv (Matroska) files are now supported. Youtube converter was not working for a while and now it should work! New mobile converter options are added and some settings for mobile videos was changed (we use different codecs) so on more mobile phones converted files could be played. Soon there will be login/registration available on mobile version http://m.wap4.org! Also more video sharing websites soon will be supported , like Yahoo videos, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Depositfiles, Google videos.
Stay tuned for more good news!
Better Website design and everything can be converted to high quality 3gp 320x240 mobile videos now!
Old design was really bad but GuiltyGear (guy from PHPFreaks forums) created new concept of our application and I implemented it.
So what's next? I am going to improve mobile version and add some additional disk storage to server so converted files can be stored for longer time here.